This is a comparison tool for savings, personal loans, and mortgage rates, daily cross institution foreign exchange rates, as well as bank fees currently applied/ charged by commercial banks and other institutions across Jamaica’s financial sector. The service was first offered in August 2010, and will be updated on a monthly basis with notification of the applicable dates. The rates are based on online research and telephone surveys over time. They are provided based on the availability of information at the time of research and are therefore not exhaustive. Any further information may be obtained by going to the respective institution’s website.
**CHANGES AS AT SEPTEMBER 2, 2019**
Our financial information resource center provides financial literacy and bank comparison tools for the public to broaden their awareness, and improve their options in terms of finding the financial institutions most suited to their needs. The financial literacy aspect of the website will remain freely accessible. However, you are now required to register for free membership to access the full “Current Rates” menu. Please note that while the service to provide these rates is currently free, in the near future, the organization plans to start charging a fee to cover the cost of data collection and website service maintenance. Because of our commitment to philanthropy and social/ economic impact investing, this will go back into supporting the continued investment in the financial education and empowerment of Jamaicans.
Once registered, select the drop-down menu to access the below information:
- Compare Regular Saving Rates (applied by Commercial and other banks)
- Compare Loan/ Borrowing Rates (charged by Commercial and other banks)
- Compare Mortgage Rates (charged by Building Societies & Commercial Banks)
- Compare Daily FX Rates (by Authorized Foreign Exchange Dealers and Cambios)
- Compare Bank Fees and Charges (charged by Deposit-Taking Institutions)
- Other product types/ rates – Coming soon